in Ulmer Stadthaus on March 14th, 2018 at 6pm.
On March 14, 2018 at 6pm our Association’s first public event ‚The Next Big Thing’ * will be held in the Stadthaus in Ulm.
From 6-7pm Prof. Dr. Hanoch Gutfreund (former Rector and President of the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Academic Director of the Einstein Archives) will give a talk (in English) with the Title: ‚Albert Einstein: the Scientist and the Humanist’.
After Dr. Gutfreund’s talk, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Ketterle (Nobel Prize Winner in Physics, MIT in Cambridge, MA USA) will greet the public (in German) via a pre-taped video.
From 7- 8 pm we have put together a panel discussion (in German) with the following panel members:
- Prof. Dr. Bert Sakmann (Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine, Max Planck Inst. for Neurobiology and the Technical University of Munich),
- Iris Mann (Mayor — for culture — of the city of Ulm),
- Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Architektin Christine Kappei (Office for Building Cost Planning and Museum Project Management, College of Technology: Stuttgart),
- Prof. Dr. Joachim Ankerhold (Vice President of the University of Ulm – Physicist).
Marcel Wagner, a known TV- personality from the show: ‚Auf ein Bier mit …’ in Regio TV Schwaben, will moderate the panel discussion.
The topics that will be discussed during the panel discussion are:
What role can and should Einstein play in the city of Ulm?
How is it possible to make him more visible in the city?
How can the Albert Einstein Discovery center contribute to this discussion?
Afterward the talk and panel discussion, there will be a get together with musical accompaniment and time to chat and deliberate with other guests.
* ‚The Next Big Thing’ refers to the Ulm citizen initiatives which lead in 1377 to the Ulmer Münster, in 1967 to the University of Ulm and finally to the Albert Einstein Discovery Center …